Sunday, April 19, 2009

Booking the flights...

Well this is it, no turning back now:) As of today I am officially scheduled to leave on June 1st out of LAX to begin my world journey. My itinerary starts in Europe where I look forward to spending June, July and August exploring the cities of:
London
Paris
Amsterdam
Brussels
Bruges
Oostende
Bordeaux
Madrid
Lisbon
Porto
Malaga
Costa del Sol
Morocco
Valencia
Barcelona
Figueres
Nice/French Riviera
Antibes
Monte Carlo
Corsica
Geneva
Zurich
Lucern
Prague
Vienna
Milan
Venice
Florence
Siena
Rome
Naples
Capri
Pompeii
Bari
Athens

At this point in my trip I will head into Turkey and Egypt for the month of September touring the pyramids and the like before flying to Nairobi.

The following leg of my trip I will be taking an overland tour of East Africa's wildlife and coast including:
Nairobi
Masai Mara
Nakuru
Amboseli National Park
Tsavo West National Park
Mombasa
Shimba Hills/Diana Beach
Shimoni
Pangani
Saadani National Park
Bagamoyo
Dar es Salaam

I will then, hopefully, be teaching in Uganda for a bit before stopping in Zambia to visit Victoria Falls. From there I will fly to Johannesburg and to Dubai before my next destination: India.
I'll spend the month of November in India, again hopefully teaching at an American Montessori school just outside of Delhi.

My last scheduled stop is in Kathmandu where I will be working with a foundation which, with support, finances the $40 educational career of young girls to ensure they are not sold into slavery.

I will leave you with this on the first blog of many: It is only because of the generosity of many and variables outside of my control that this opportunity has been brought forth as a possibility. Thank you to all of you.
With gratitude and humility,
Ivy

12 comments:

Kaitlynn Allan said...

Ivy I am so excited for you!! That is something that I want to do sooo bad. You better bet that I will keep in contact with you :)

Katherine said...

Wow, how exciting for you! I wish you the best of luck & safety~ can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

seasiren said...

Woooohooooo!!! You better upload all your pictures! You rule mamma!!

Tina Chen said...

So your trip ends in December? What happened to 2 years of world trip? Either way God bless. Looking forward to reading your blogs. Good luck.

Rachel said...

Ivy, I contacted my friend in Barcelona and will put you in contact with her shortly. Having spent some time in Madrid and Malaga, I have a suggestions if you are interested :) I admit I'm envious, but I hope to hear lots about it! You better keep us informed!

Julia Halstrom said...

Thanks so much for including me on your blog...looking forward to hearing about your travels. =)

rwoonsue said...

Wow - congrats Ivy. I'm really proud of you! This will be an awesome adventure.

Anonymous said...

You are amazing pretty picture miss ivy...I am in India at work will get on the montessourri hting remind me...so proud of you i wish you were here V is coming here on May 15...

what is to come shall be revealed:)

always
m

Anonymous said...

add kannan too...

Heather Guay said...

Dear Ivy~

Namaste!

So blessed and Happy to be a part of your journey!
I am so looking forward to meeting up with you in Kathmandu, Nepal in December~

Thanks for helping the girls in Nepal~
:D

so blessed.....

Heather

Jill said...

Ivy that is so awesome! I cant wait to hear all about your fun adventures!

Jenine said...

wow this sounds like an amazing trip! I can't wait to hear about it!!