Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Safe arrival

I landed safely this afternoon to the most beautiful weather London has seen in months according to residents:) My transit here was without incident, waiting or long lines and even included an upgrade...tee hee Ironically, international flights are far more smooth than domestic.
I'm realizing I don't have much to blog about right now except that my pack is heavier than I am!! Everything seems important to pack at the time...until you have to carry it on your back!! Uphill, both ways...geez I'm sure that will no longer be a problem by the time I leave for Paris.
I'm missing all of you, but doubt the reality of where I am and what I am doing has really hit me yet. I'll be sure to keep you updated on the adventures as they unfold.
Before I go, a particularly warm thank you to James, Anthony and Joe for spending days moving all my worldly belongings into a "holding cell" until I return. Additional thanks to Vikki, Heather and Brenda for helping with the pesky red tape that comes with putting your life on hold. So far I've learned more about how incredible the people I call my friends are. Thank you for knowing me better than I know myself.
I'm going to go play drinking games with a bunch of strangers...I'm loving this already. Cheers!

13 comments:

Vikki said...

So happy you made it safe and sound :) Have fun!

Jenine said...

Ha ha - drinking games w/ strangers! I love your free-spirited outlook! I'm so glad you made it to London smoothly and safely! Thanks for the update! Have a great time!

Brenda said...

Glad to hear you landed safely...be kind to those accent speaking bunnies! :) I'll reiterate my previous conversation, be safe, have fun, take LOTS of pictures!

Fretless said...

The first step is the longest, congrats, you made it! I remember the feeling, almost exactly 2 years ago, when I landed in London with a backpack and no plans but to walk across Spain.
I'll be checking up on you throughout the next year. Maybe our paths will cross, somewhere in the world.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Ivy!!!!

So Happy to hear you made it to England! Watch out for those Brits~ I hear they are "good" drinkers!
What are your plans while you are there???? :)
can't wait to hear all about it!

Flikie said...

Awesome! Have fun and be safe... keep us posted. I can't wait to read more... take care~!

Heather Guay said...

How long will you be there? I have a friend who would like to meet you! His name is Paul and he is an excellent poet!!!
:D

Anonymous said...

kika_petkovic@hotmail.com (alexandra CISP)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping us informed!!!

Irina said...

We are thinking about you!
enjoy your life! Just stay safe!

Julia Halstrom said...

I'm glad that it sounds like you have a great start to your adventures...so sorry that is a bit delayed...I have been having some adventures of my own also... =)

David and I are married now and just moved out to New Hampshire this weekend. It is so, so beautiful here!!

Stephanie said...

I'm still so impressed and envious with what you are doing. Can't wait to hear/read all about your explorations!

Sedona Dawna said...

I thought the French were easier to understand than the English when I went over there in 99!